An unprecedented global effort has taken place to contain and hopefully reduce the impact of COVID-19 on everyone’s lives. Healthcare professionals have been at the frontline of this initiative with the support of public and private sectors. Academic, biopharmaceutical and diagnostic research has increased our knowledge of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the physiopathology of the COVID-19 infection. In response, Public Health and Regulatory Authorities, policy makers and governments are rapidly adapting to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread in the population. In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) device manufacturers have quickly produced serology tests detecting the presence of antibodies to SARS-COV-2 virus. Utilizing such tests as the ultimate sentinel to make decisions to cope with and react to the COVID-19 pandemic is being considered. But can it be that simple?
In this webinar, the following topics are covered by Dr. Hugo:
- Overview of the immune response to COVID-19 infection
- Diagnostic testing concepts
- Serology tests to estimate COVID-19 exposure in the general population
- How Serology tests can be the basis of “Certificate of Immunity”
- Serology tests and laboratory solutions to support clinical trials